Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Acceptance

Well its been a very long time without posting, and I guess its a reflection of acceptance and my being in a good place. This i guess somewhat reflects the five stages of grief.

I began to reach acceptance about a year and a half ago. What does this mean? And what is this promising nirvana that all you people out there who are in the midst of the battle can look forward to?

Acceptance means that you no longer are a slave. As a friend of mine said its like having a 100 pound weight removed from your back. You no longer have a godly religous conscience monitoring and questioning every motive and action in your life. This does not mean that you are unethical or immoral. Far from it, but rather it means that you become autonomous and you trust your own sense of right and wrong, and live your life accordingly.

Personally I feel that the possibility that this life is all we have and that there is no afterworld has sharpened my sense of justice in the here and now. Meaning that if i have done wrong, or if someone has wronged me, there is no settling up of debts in the afterlife, and it is up to us to resolve conflicts in this world. On this note, I would also add that I live more for the Now, as per Eckhardt Tolle and try to remember to live each day as if its your last forever.

Further all the trials and tribulations of trying to make sense of the Orthodox theology are over. You recognize all religons as different ways people deal with existential questions. You still identify with Judaism as it is your own nation's path and therefore it is important to you. But you recognize that god (if he exists) is to great for any one religon and the diversity of religous faith and practice contribute, not detract, from the unity of god (see Jonathan Sacks).

To be continued

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are back. Do you have an email address?
Bruce

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are back. Do you have an email address?
Bruce

Nimrod said...

hi bruce,

thanks for the welcome, time is always the problem in posting.

anyway u can email me at

nimrod1rj@gmail.com

XOXO Dr. Kay Elizabeth said...

Hi I think, believe, and know that there is a God. I don't think you should live life tip toeing and stepping on eggshells to make sure you're doing right at all time. God isn't a God sitting up in heaven waiting to punish us for doing wrong. I'm not sure of Judaism or the Orthodox faith, but I do believe that God is alive and He exists. You should never feel bound in religion, that is not of God. Whom the Son sets free is free indeed. He(Jesus) came that we might have life and have it more abundantly. I hope that your life has been good since you're last posting or that you have come to believe in God again :)

Boundless Technologies (Pvt) Ltd. said...

Always so interesting to visit your site.What a great info, thank you for sharing. this will help me so much in my learning.
security equipment

alexa jeam said...

First of all let me tell you, you have got a great blog
Best advertising Agency in the world | advertising agencies in Lahore | advertising agencies in Karachi

QuanMai said...

Military preferred outdoor sports —— army bag.

Harry Parker said...

great post you have done here. i wish you to check Sky Customer Service Contact Number

Bt password said...

WOW !. great thing. I wish you to check bt password